At the end of the presentation we asked for evaluation of our session via sticky notes that were left on the door as people left, and received some very positive comments which have been collated below. In particular, it was reassuring to see the comments about the transferability and generalisability of the model in particular, and the approach to PD as a whole.
- Link to our presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/hazelowendmc/supporting-academic-development-to-enhance-the
- Link to our handout: http://www.scribd.com/share/upload/13811344/16po9clq1zj2zeys7rrp
- Link to the full paper: http://www.scribd.com/doc/17624375/Supporting-Academic-Development-To-Enhance-The-Student-Experience-Handout-of-resources-HERDSA-2009
Feedback from the participants at the session:
- Well presented and food for thought in dealing with resistant teaching staff. Thank you
- Great project. Well done
- Great model (transferable to any T& L context or group) for meaningful PD engagement of academics. (Could be replicated with students)
- Generalisable model. Thanks
- Inspiring. Good stuff
- Provoking. Thanks for some great ideas
- Thought provoking.
- Breaking down barriers
- Interesting pictures on slides
- Nice symbolism
- Used accessible terminology
- Excellent. Good job. Well done.
Link to the 'live' mindmap (pictured below): http://www.mindmeister.com/23798819/building-capability (you will need to access the online version to be able to view the full mindmap :-) )