The International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) is described as "a double-blind, peer-reviewed, open access journal freely available online". Subscriptions and fees are not required to access this journal; however, readers desiring hardcopies of issues can order them online.
The mission stated on the site of the International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) is "to encourage the study of practices and pedagogies associated with ePortfolio in educational settings. The journal’s focus includes the explanation, interpretation, application, and dissemination of researchers’, practitioners’, and developers’ experiences relevant to ePortfolio. It also serves to provide a multi-faceted, single source of information for those engaging in projects and practices associated with ePortfolio."
"A refereed (blind) peer-reviewed journal, IJeP embraces inquiry into ePortfolio in educational settings holistically; therefore, manuscripts considering the following areas of investigation are welcomed:
- instruction and principles of learning that utilize and inform practical, effective ePortfolio methodologies;
- evaluation and assessment methodologies and practices supported by ePortfolio;
- case studies and best practices regarding applications of ePortfolio for learning, assessment, and professional development supported by scholarship of teaching and learning practices and research methodologies;
- theoretically rich accounts of the principles grounding ePortfolio work and its relationship to larger social and cultural phenomena; and
- innovative development and applications of technologies that enable new ePortfolio practices."
"IJeP employs a rolling submission process; however, those wishing to be considered for the next issue of IJeP should plan to submit their manuscript by December 1, 2011. Those submitting manuscripts to IJeP can expect the review process to take approximately 90 days."