The presentation focussed on why ODL is different, and how the unique student base of ODLs impacts Education Performance Indicators (EPIs). The conception of EPIs was introduced in 2010, and the primary intent was to measure and improve the performance of the tertiary education systems. They also determine government funding.
- ODL is a cheaper mode of delivery - not necessarily, but is cost effective
- All other providers can easily create dual mode delivery systems that are as effective
- No role for ODL in Youth Guarantee of NEET initiatives
- OP student cohort could easily switch to network of F2F providers
- Part time learners in work force should achieve the same results, at the same pace, as full time F2F learners
- It should be simple to benchmark all ITPs against each other