|English: The media suite at Albany Senior High School, New Zealand. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- Enabling eLearning: Learning spaces - has some great accounts from New Zealand schools about their new learning spaces, as well as links to research and readings, and other related Web sites.
- Background from Albany Senior School and Designing new technology spaces - tips, wrinkles, and things to think about when designing innovative school learning spaces.
- JISC InfoNet - Planning and designing technology rich learning spaces - tertiary sector focussed, but with some really great advice and guidelines that are relevant to all sectors.
- Educause - Design of the learning space: Learning and design principles - again, tertiary focussed, but it raises some great points and raises some good questions to address.
- Designing an ecology that supports students to be critical thinkers, engaged in problem-solving - resources around learning space design.
- Redesigning learning spaces: Shifts pedagogy & locus of control - in this video Chris Bradbeer, Associate Principal from Stonefields School in Auckland, explains the ideas behind the open learning spaces at his school.
- Redesigning the learning spaces in a primary classroom...with the students! - in this video Lisa Parisi (teaches fifth grade on Long Island, US, in a collaborative classroom model), captures the process of collaborative rearrangement of learning spaces. She explains: "After a Conversations show with Trung Le, I was inspired to explore The Third Teacher and redo the setting of our classroom."
- Amazing Learning Spaces: Social learning any time, any where - video which provides a snapshot of how children who are ill and hospitalised can stay in contact with friends at school, and maintain their learning with the help of ICT.
|English: Students at Albany Senior High School, New Zealand. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|